Coronovirus (COVID-19) update
PHILIP DENNIS FOODSERVICE CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT MARCH 2020
Philip Dennis Foodservice is committed to the practice of responsible corporate behaviour, including acting in an ethical way towards all our customers, suppliers and employees. This means that we have standards and values that are key to this Company – and these must be adhered to in all of our interactions.
As a responsible foodservice wholesaler, our commitment is not only to deliver quality food that is safe for all consumers but also we have accountability to our customers, and the general public, in terms of public health.
We have been following the most recent health crisis due to the emergence of COVID-19 since the end of 2019. Although there is no evidence of being a foodborne disease, we have been preparing ourselves to the potential impact that this may pose to the food chain industry in terms of reduction of resources: number of available employees, manufacturers, suppliers and deliveries.
Once again we would like to reassure all our customers that our company has been pre-emptive in following the UK Government recommendations. And since the release of our first statement in February 2020, we have launched the first stages of our crisis management plan in order to achieve the highest level of preparation and response for this crisis.
Philip Dennis Foodservice plan of action involves the following objectives:
- Safeguard our employees – remove or reduce the risk of exposing our employees to the virus by providing an environment where all can work safely and swiftly containing any external hazard.
- Safeguard our customers – remove or reduce the risk of exposing our customers to the virus through our company.
- Maintain our deliveries – take every reasonable provision to minimise the impact on our customers.
In general terms, we will act accordingly with the official recommendations. We are aware of the Government Action Plan (03/03/2020), including the 3 stages: Contain, Delay, and Mitigate, using Research to provide evidence-based information through all stages. As a proactive company, we took the initiative to incorporate these concepts as part of our own action plan.
As a point of reference, we will follow the attached scale of Crisis Management. Considering the available information on this date, we are in Stage 2. Parameters are not self-contained and strictly limited to those descriptions and we remain flexible to adapt as necessary, even more considering all the uncertainties surrounded by the coronavirus.
PDF ACTIONS AT THIS STAGE: Delay and Contain
Philip Dennis Foodservice has implemented the following actions at this stage:
- Identification of reliable sources of information.
- Internal communications and actions (Philip Dennis Foodservice):
- Instructive information about the disease [Jan 2020]: emails and poster (all employees)
- Increased Hygiene Awareness within the business, including:
- Hand Sanitisers installed throughout the business
- Hand sanitizers provided to Delivery Drivers and detailed personal hygiene instructions
- Internal and external restriction of social contact between employees, customers, visitors/ contactors.
- Increased controls over holidays travel.
- Internal review of procedures required for Stage 2 and 3: improvement of the Contingency Plan.
- External communication (Customers):
- First Statement released to target customers [Feb 2020].
- Second Statement released on our website [March 2020]
- External communication (Suppliers):
- Ingredients’ country of origin and forecast on deliveries availability
- Contingency Plans
At this stage, we are not expecting any issues with service. This is based on our previous preventive actions on stock hold towards Brexit, our suppliers’ communications/ updates and current information on the Coronavirus crisis.
RELIABLE SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Plus Food Safety Agency (https://www.food.gov.uk/) but no specific information available at the moment because it is not a foodborne disease issue.
SCALE OF CRISIS MANAGEMENT
To view the statement in detail click here
(*) Gov.UK RESEARCH is applicable on all stages to provide evidence-based information.