Material/Stock Controller/ Purchasing Assistant
Full- time (8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
Location: Based in Witney, Oxford
Philip Dennis Foodservice is a well-established family business distributing Frozen, Chilled, Ambient and non-food goods, as well as Butchery and Fresh Fish products, to customers throughout Oxfordshire, Midlands and the South West.
We’re seeking a diligent and focused Purchaser to support with the day to day management of suppliers and inventory items across our three depots.
The role will involve:
- Managing our weekly supplier ordering schedule and relevant inventory foods items
- Material replenishment
- Raising purchase orders on suppliers based on inventory levels, forecasting and supplier lead-times to ensure correct stock coverage for customer requirements
- Building strong working relationships with our suppliers, Sales team and Warehouse staff
- Organising delivery booking-ins and dealing with product and price queries
- Proactively check booking schedules in advance to minimise out of stock incidents and maintain stock levels in line with set KPIs
- Processing delivery good receipt notes for deliveries highlighting any shortages or issues as required and taking relevant action to ensure customer requirements are met
- Ensuring product pricing is up to date to avoid invoice queries and cost file errors
- Ensuring any invoice queries are actioned and corrective measures are taken
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Previous recent experience in a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in the food industry or FMCG would be advantageous
- Knowledge of purchasing systems such as Microsoft Dynamics and MRP systems is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of multi depot purchasing and supply chain would be advantageous but not essential
- A clean UK driving licence as the postholder will be required to attend training in Devon during the first 2 weeks of employment and some occasional travel may be required going forward.
In return, we offer a competitive salary package from £20,000 per annum, pension scheme, 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), and the opportunity to be part of a progressive and expanding business.
How to Apply:
If you possess the experience, passion and attitude to make this role a success then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: 5th September 2018